7 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE NEW NIGERIAN ARMY UNIVERSITY
The Nigerian Army University is projected to compete with some of the best Universities in the world in the next 32 years.
The Nigerian Army University Biu is the newest specialised tertiary institution in Nigeria commissioned on Tuesday, October 30, 2018.
The institution aspires to become a leading University in Nigeria and a centre of excellence spearheading scientific and technological breakthroughs.
The new University, therefore, presents an opportunity for admission seekers who are interested in studying security related courses.
1. The University’s focus is to strengthen the Nigerian Army and the nation through sound and innovative uses of science and technology.
2. According to the University, the students’ population will comprise 25% military and 75% civilian, while the staff will be a productive mix of military and civilian intellectuals.
3. The Nigerian Army University is located in Biu, a town and a Local Government Area (LGA) in southern Borno State. It occupies an area of 5074 hectares.
4. The NAUB is established to run on the principles of creativity, self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
5. The University is projected that this unique institution will compete with the very best 50 in the world by 2050.
6. Apart from running some courses, you’ll find in conventional universities, there will also be a Faculty of Military Technology
and a Faculty of Military Policy, Logistics and Strategy to set it apart.
7. The University has seven faculties, they are: Science, Technology, Military Technology, Social Sciences, Environmental Studies, Administrative and Management Studies, Military Policy, Logistics and Strategies, as well as Schools and Centres.
The Architectural design of the Senate Building of the Nigerian Army University, Biu (NAUB)